Sunday, November 8, 2009

Meeting Michelle Van Etten from Prima & Tattered Angels (with Glimmer mist!)


I had the honor of meeting Michelle Van Etten, a Prima Endorsed Artist-Educator and was absolutely blown away by her scrapbooking techniques and layering expertise. Her stuff was simply amazing and I wanted to know how to do it all! She is so sweet and personable and willing to teach me anything that I would ask at the class. I just love her!


The first class I took was her Family Treasures class which was all about layering. I learned how to use paper and embellishment layering as a method to add dimension to my project. I made a layout using prima flowers and Graphic 45 papers, ribbons, die cuts, chipboard, and so much more! We distressed and inked just about everything, and used liquid fabric glue to adhere all the heavier items. I felt so proud of this finished project, it is simply amazing! The class included a canvas that I inked on the sides and adhered the layout. The photos are of my baby girl at my vanity mirror getting fixed up, lol! I now display this canvas proudly at my home's entryway.

The second class was a Tattered Angels mini album using Glimmer Mist! I finally learned how to use the Glimmer Mists correctly, and what amazing things it can do. I was suprised that there was so much that you can do with the glimmer mists. We used resists and sprayed to get layering, we created puddles of color and dipped embellishments, and then rubbed and spritzed and patted down to get all kinds of different effects. This class was so much fun. I learned so much! Now I can finally pull out those bottles of glimmer mists that I've been storing and unable to use correctly until now!

My favorite thing about these classes was meeting Michelle Van Etten and being in awe of her talent. I respect her so much for making masterpieces out of everyday items. She is just amazing. At the end of the class she gave us a DVD of her teaching the class we had just taken, so we can finish the mini album at home, or refresh ourselves on the techniques later on. I love that!

Click below to purchase any of her amazing classes with step by step DVD so you can take the class from your very own home! Check it out:

No comments: