Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Plunging into ATC


In my city there is a group called the Coral Springs Craft Guild who meet once a month to participate in crafy activities. I found out that they were meeting this months to make ATCs and I decided to join in.

Before the meeting the Craft Guild posted some links to sample ATCs and I started looking around at some amazing work that people around the world have made. I was particularly drawn to the vintage style ones that look just amazing. Here are some inspiring links to share:

B-Muse
Art-Cards
CedarSeed

It was the most fun to attend the ATC making event and I got to meet some wonderful people. I brought with me some papers from Graphic 45, a company that my friend Gine introduced me to. These papers are just the right vintage look that I wanted for my next ATC.

So at the event I made this ATC in mostly red. With a tag from Graphic 45's botanical line, some vintage buttons that I cut out from Graphic 45's fashionista line and layered dimensionally, various vintage writing papers, and a few additional embellishments that the group shared. I inked mostly everything for that vintage feel. All together, I feel very proud of it. I think I've come a long way since my first ATC.

No comments: