Saturday, October 2, 2010

Breast Cancer: Silver Lining Mini-book

I wanted to start off my series for Breast Cancer Awareness Month with some pages from a mini book I made recently.  This was a R.A.K. gift that I made for Sherry Goodloe.  She and I are big fans of Tim Holtz and in the All Things Tim group and this album is made from grungeboard pages and many additional Tim Holtz embellishments all throughout the pages.  I really enjoyed making this book and layering multiple of things on each page, including prima flowers and bling!  Then I finished the album off with tons of fibers on the binding rings.

Sherry is going through Breast Cancer Treatment right now, and I hope that this book brings her some happiness in her tough time.  I hope the words on each page inspire her and give her strength and hope.  And I hope she feels the warmth of all the love that I put into each page.  The next several posts have detailed images of each of the pages.  Hopefully I can inspire you too!

Please join me in my fundraising activity benefiting the Susan Komen society.  Click on this link and give to their efforts to find a cure.  Any amount will do, even if you can only give very little.  You too can make a difference.  Please give what you can.


No comments: