Monday, October 4, 2010

Breast Cancer: Yes, there is a Silver Lining


I always like to focus on the positive. And this mini-book is no exception. The book brings to light the good things gained from the breast cancer experience. Its sometimes hard to see them, especially when going through such a difficult treatment, so I wanted to point each of them out on a page in this book.

The cover is made of grungeboard that I painted pink using the Ranger Paint Dabbers. Then I painted and embossed several grungeboard flourishes. Lastly I added several silver embellishments including a clock face, a tag and other metal findings.

On the back, I used distressed inks straight to paper to add a bit of color. Then I addes a huge 'My Life' sticker, a round journalling sticker, and a beautiful 3D glittery butterfly. Then I finished it off with some pretty flowers.



Please join me in my fundraising activity benefiting the Susan Komen society.  Click on this link and give to their efforts to find a cure.  Any amount will do, even if you can only give very little.  You too can make a difference.  Please give what you can.

No comments: